Here is my list of leadership resources including books and websites. I encourage you all to explore. I consider this a living list and will adapt as I move forward.
- Primal Leadership – My carry everywhere resource on Emotional Intelligence and building resonance as a leader. Full of excellent research and actionable information.
- Primed To Perform – An excellent book that breaks down workplace performance and understanding the need to focus on adaptive performance.
- Fast Company Magazine – Cool information on people and companies doing it right.
- Peter Senge – His book, The Fifth Discipline started me on my Organizational Development journey.
- Servant Leadership – This term was coined by Robert Greenleaf. It is a huge influence on me and my journey.
- Reframing Organizations – I started with the second edition and now I am studying the fifth edition. Leadership is nothing if we do not understand how we organize. Such an important resource.
- Co-Active Coaching: Such great insights on coaching leaders in a corporate environment.
- Synchronicity – This is a book by Joseph Jaworski. It is a wonderful personal story with great insight for leaders.
- Meaningful Workplaces – This is a book by Neal Chalofsky who wrote the book on effective HR practices. I have read his other writings throughout Grad School. In this book, his latest, he nails it for what we need in our modern workplace. I stand for building a meaningful workplace.
- Stephen R. Covey – This is the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People guy and other books on leadership. Every time I step away, I come back to this book.
- Warren Bennis – Classic Leadership guy. Lot’s of good writing.
- Max DePree – Former Chairman of Herman Miller, INC and considered a profound voice of leadership. Often quoted.
- Edgar Schein – The Dean of Organizational Culture studies and understanding. Multiple books on organizational culture.
- Organizational Culture and Leadership – The classic on understanding culture in the workplace and the role for the leader.
- Interaction Associates – Organizational Consulting Firm that influenced me early and often in my career. Great resources on team dynamics and leadership.
- Strengths Finder 2.0 – Focus more on fully developing your unique strengths instead of spending most of your time fixing your shortcomings. Get the book and complete the online assessment. My strengths are Empathy, Connectedness, Strategic, Arranger, and Belief. Perfect for my focus on Organizational Development and Leadership.
Let me know what you think and I will continue to build.