We have to be careful to boil down leadership to one set of principles. This approach though is accessible and provides a framework.
Here is my list of leadership principles to aid my focus and to start a conversation with others. Leadership development is a continuous exploration and commitment. Let’s move together and explore.
- Confidence: We all want to look up to someone, why not you?
- Energy: Move with purpose and pull people forward
- Accountability: Say it with me, “I am responsible”
- Self Aware: The good and the to be improved (or at least monitored)
- Compassion / Care: For those you lead and the environment you live and work
- Direction and Clarity: Set the path and goal for others
- Listening and Dialogue: Establish deeper conversations
- Work Proficiency: You have a specific job/role – Get the work done
What do you think?